toggling switch

i have in me a potential for evil.

history has shown my propensity for vindictive violence, manipulative malevolence, and my callous contempt within my social circles. i've been seen more as an enemy than as a bystander, and much less so as a friend. as a result, i don't keep a lot of relationships nowadays. the only ones left are those willing enough to stay after having been burnt by my obscenely fiery disposition. i like humoring myself into thinking that i'm a fan of equality. in that, i have a ruthless regard for either friend or foe. my personal preservation is paramount. anyone along my avenue to accomplishment are accessories to assist me.

very rarely my tyranny gets checked. i've been playing the game for far too long that i have a set blueprint to perpetuate my authoritarian rule. it's second nature. it's almost invisible. so much so that i need not lie nor conceal anything to maintain my machinations for manipulation. i've been playing the game for far too long that i can ascertain in advance attempts to employ the exploitative engineerings to command complete capitulation. i can roll with the punches, dance around the flame, and lick the sharp edge of the knife. i need not fight back nor put up a relentless resistance to claim my victory. it happens as soon as they think they've already won. there's no easier target than an undressed knight. because short term gains are trumped by timeless triumphs.

i have in me a potential for evil.

it used to constantly consume me until i learned to wield my wickedness. like a weapon that i can either pick up or put off. like a mask i can either put on or take off. like a burden i can either take on or drop off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

an ode to rubenesque figures

dark side of the gym

time space continuum