cloud strafe

i never give myself enough credit. if at all. i will, however, give other people and external factors the due recognition they deserve. nothing but love for others, and nothing but hate for myself.

when good things happen to me, it's not because of my own doing. i'm merely going through the motions of life being largely ineffectual. sometimes i do my best but things turn out bad, sometimes i don't put any effort at all but things turn out well. life hasn't been quite predictable for me. so instead of analyzing the correlation between the effort i put in and my success, i've grown to instead consider every factor other than me.

it does make sense. my excellent grasp of english? forced by autistic friends that can't speak our native language. skill in the kitchen? lazy househelp that couldn't be bothered to feed my fat ass at any other time than breakfast, lunch, or dinner. swift sprinting speed? grew up in the suburbs full of stray dogs. achievements at work? supervisor that was too trusting with opportunities i may not be entitled to yet.

i never saw myself as deserving of all that i have now. i simply were adapting to the situations i've been thrown in. some i couldn't handle the demands and i caved in, some i managed to fake until i made it. i wasn't given any sort of birthright to be gifted at things i happened to be good at right now. though i do subscribe to the idea that we are naturally better at some things than others. because i know where i'm gifted, it was apparent early on in my childhood from the stories of my mother. however, none of the things that i was naturally good at propelled me to the accomplishments i enjoy now. never been in a dance troupe, never been in a quiz bee on geography, never been a fiction writer for a publication, never been a voice over actor.

so sometimes i'm destined to be the best but i never get to excel, sometimes i'm grossly underqualified but i happen to stumble my way into success.

fortunately, my luck has been a silver bullet to give me reasons to be satisfied with my seemingly sorry state of affairs. unfortunately, however, needing the confluence of other contributory components doesn't shine a silver lining in my horizons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

an ode to rubenesque figures

dark side of the gym

time space continuum