returning verse

the three month rule is real.

in my estimation, i'm in a significantly better headspace than i used to be in the past couple of months. it's easier to fall asleep, it's easier to convince myself to work, it's easier to bring myself to return to things i love doing. but better doesn't mean recovered.

while a lot of the nauseating negativity that fueled my writing have been properly purged from my psyche, i'm definitely moving forward deleteriously damaged. my whole character arc of falling deeply in love, being unexpectedly betrayed, and spiraling away from sanity is a batman villain origin story on its own. and it's something i just have to learn to live with.

i was never normal to begin with, perhaps more so now. and i've lost a lot already, but there is power in powerlessness, cause when the gloves are off and only tape remains, my knuckles will deal more damage, and will cause more pain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

an ode to rubenesque figures

dark side of the gym

time space continuum