27 karat magic in the air

i'm not the most orthodox of birthday celebrators.

facebook ruined birthdays for me, it automatically reminded everyone of birthdays and to me it cheapened the experience. the first facebook birthday was great, everyone greeted me. it was an overwhelmingly good feeling. but on the second birthday, it stopped being special and felt next to mechanical. and on the third birthday, it started getting annoying and i eventually turned that feature off.

getting inundated with birthdays was, in fact, the best thing that happened to me. it broadened my perspective on life, particularly in stopping putting credence to special days. instead of blowing my load on a handful of important dates per year, i tried making every single day special. i stopped waiting to do something nice on a those few days that indicate a revolution around the sun. because me getting to the next rotation of the earth isn't a complete certainty, so make it count.

it aligns pretty well with my general disposition of making the most of every second of my life. i guess it has always been who i am. someone who lives intensely for the things i pour my heart into.

so i guess wisdom actually does come with age.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

an ode to rubenesque figures

dark side of the gym

time space continuum