final fantasies

effort doesn't ensure an enduring relationship

i used to have a girlfriend that went above and beyond what's expected from a partner. i'd like to think that i was able to bring with me the lessons i've learned from that chapter of my life and that both the people around me and myself are better off because of it.

but it still had to end. and i'm sure there's a sense of injustice in there somewhere.

and i'm definitely the villain here for unjustly abandoning someone who has poured their heart out, let alone allowing myself to stay in a relationship where i clearly wasn't ready for. the universe perhaps has its way of doing right by the both of us where we'll get what we deserve. maybe the current relationship i'm in is my atonement for my past failings.

which isn't as bad as it sounds.

i can confidently say that i have grown to become a partner worth having (for the most part), and i share a wonderful relationship with my partner right now. i've put in the effort, with all that i could, to become the best parts of who she and i were in our past life. and i can say i have satisfactorily succeeded in becoming better out of it.

all you need is an astonishing amount of acceptance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

an ode to rubenesque figures

dark side of the gym

time space continuum