charger

i haven't felt this good in a long time. i had ten hours of sleep today. i hope it isn't the sleep, cause if i need almost half of my day spent unconscious to function well, then i have no business keeping up with the world that need less than half of my rest requirement.

i've resigned to a short life. if i'm lucky, one morning, i simply won't get out of bed anymore. or maybe i will start shitting blood only to find out after an expensive diagnostic procedure that i have cancer up my butt hole. worst case scenario, i start to forget everything - names and faces of people, recipes of my favorite dishes, or even the simple act of breathing. my body's gone through an unreasonable amount of abuse. i have very little preventive or corrective health interventions. that's why i don't believe in a use for my pension or savings. they're just there because everyone else is doing it. but i know someday i won't reap their benefits. it's just a tax to be a normal human being. i need to be one, somehow. i know i'm not. but you can't harmoniously live with the rest of the world if you won't play along with their rules.

i don't see it any other way, i really am living on borrowed time. that's why i've grown weary of investing in self-care. what's the point, any more additional points of happiness won't improve my overall life satisfaction. whereas if invest it on others instead, i somehow make the world a better place. the trouble is that i need my "me time" to function as intended. i wish i can get by without it and go straight to contributing for others.

cause that's the fastest way to emptying myself out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

an ode to rubenesque figures

dark side of the gym

time space continuum