my pain needs a voice

a loss is a loss, no matter the circumstance, we all must grieve.

every single day is a struggle. my heart is constantly heavy, my appetite is absent, my brain is short of broken. i've been taking it one hour at a time because my misery has taken over me that even the next minute doesn't have a certainty of peace.

i'm a horrible example of how to deal with a break up - the only way i could fall asleep is if i exhaust my mind so much that i can stop overthinking, which results into getting only 4 hours of sleep at best (when doctors recommend 7-9 hours), i've lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks (when doctors recommend losing, at most, only 2 pounds per week), and i've spent my entire fortnight salary on useless things even before my next pay check arrives (when financial advisers recommend saving at least 10% of your salary)

no matter how much i write about what i'm going through, i don't think words can ever do justice to what i'm experiencing. you could understand portions of it, perhaps even an overly simplified narrative, but it's highly nuanced that even i keep remembering previously irrelevant details that, when viewed through the lens of having an unfaithful partner, reveals how much i've been truly played like a damn fiddle. it's perhaps my fault for letting it slide without any intervention. but cheating is a choice. being tempted is temporary.

and while i may feel like my life is crumbling down, this despair isn't permanent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

an ode to rubenesque figures

dark side of the gym

time space continuum