Wishy washy

I am pretty much unlike my girlfriend. She claims to be a "hopeless romantic". While i may be in touch with my creative and sensitive side - i am, perhaps, less of a romantic and more of a realist. More specifically, a cynical realist.

I have loved and hoped, but has been hurt more than i should have logically felt. And have thus questioned the motives of people. While i keep a very optimistic view of everyone's intentions, I've grown to read the context of everyone's actions as either brilliantly manipulative or exceedingly dumb.

I greatly pity my girlfriend for having ended up with me - one that can't satisfactorily fulfill the romantic requirements she needs in our relationship. Being a romantic partner doesn't come naturally to me. I honestly abhor the need to give flowers on Valentine's day, and similarly detest the lack of expectation from women to deliver the same (except in japan). Thank god i can outsource those kind gestures to other people more willing (and perhaps less inundated with the mundanity of relationships)

So it does make sense to surmise that she and I are not made for each other.

However, I argue against that. Otherwise, I would have left the relationship after I've rendered my rebound service.

To me, a yin will always need a yang. The head above the clouds also need their feet on the ground. Relationships, after the honeymoon period is over, are hard work. I cannot overstate that. Bills must be paid, food must be served, partners must be satisfied. There's a reason why romantic movies only last less than 2 hours. Cause the remaining 22 other hours of a single day is the reality of love that isn't worth the screen time.

Besides, the most spectacular shows need the most hardened of production crew working behind the scenes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

an ode to rubenesque figures

dark side of the gym

time space continuum